Jeff S. PhotoArt via photopin cc
Happy Friday to you, awesome readers!
So here’s the story. Yesterday I received word from fellow blogger, Anne Radcliffe, from Food Retro. (Side note: if you love all things food and eating well, you have to check out her blog.)
Anne is the recipient of the Sunshine Award, which recognizes bloggers for being positive, inspiring or creative. (Just one or all three. It’s not that formal.)
Created by bloggers, for bloggers, this award does two things:
1. It shows appreciation
2. It’s a great way to share the love among bloggers and readers
To follow the rules of this award, recipients pay it forward by recognizing 11 of their fave bloggers for their content and inspiration.
Why am I telling you all this?
Because Anne is forwarding the Sunshine Award to yours truly for taking the night out of her sunshine. Or something. PS. That made sense in my head. I swear.
Before I pay it forward Anne has 11 questions for me to answer . . .
1. Did you always want to write, or is it something you sort of “fell into?”
I’ve been writing since I can remember. For me writing is a curse, a blessing and a symptom of my insomnia. All at the same time.
2. If you could have any super power, which one would it be?
To be able to sleep on demand.
3. Who is your greatest inspiration in blogging?
Depends on the day . . . depends on my mood . . . depends on what I feel like reading at the time. Although there are many writers and bloggers whom I enjoy reading, the truth is that I’m guilty of writing more than I read. Don’t shame me for this, Stephen King.
4. Points for creativity: Tell us your favourite liquor, and invent a crazy new and original mixed drink name that would feature in it. (I may or may not be taking notes for later… heck, I think we should all have personal feature drinks anyway, amirite?)
Hmmmm . . . this would depend on the season. And since I’m tired of the winter cold already, I’m going to invent something “summery”:
1 oz of vodka
3 parts REAL cranberry juice (not the cocktail; but the no-sugar-added, tart stuff)
1 part pineapple juice (100% juice)
Blend until frothy. Pour into tall glass. Top off with one of those tropical drink umbrellas.
I call it “Summer Get Your Ass Over Here”.
5. It’s 2014! What’s on your resolutions list this year?
Write more. Read more. Sleep more. Oh and eat chocolate more. You know. All the important life stuff.
6. For those of you with kids… Would you rather have more sleep? Or more nookie? Justify your response, please.
More sleep. My family reads this.
7. What’s your favourite quote?
“Find a way.” It’s my theme for 2014. I’m still not sure where I’m going. I should know by December.
8. How do you reward yourself after a hard-won success?
By saying, “You see? I told you I could do it!” to the hamster. And when I’m feeling super confident, I say it in my head so that I can also stick my tongue out.
9. What is the most ridiculous situation you’ve found yourself in?
Life in general is pretty ridiculous. At least it appears that way when I lay awake at 2 a.m. . . . Every freaking day.
10. What song are you most likely to be found jamming on your air guitar to?
I’m all fingers when it comes to the air guitar but if no one’s home, I like Crush by Jennifer Paige.
11. If you had 24 hours left to live, and had a mission to do something great for someone else in that period of time (money no object), what would you do and who would you do it for?
Money no object? Okay I’d set each of my kids up with a trust account. Available to them at age 40.
And now my turn to pay it forward.
New recipients of the Sunshine Award are . . .
Jennifer Frezza Beauregard from The Fairy Godmother – For being a good friend and wealth of inspiration. Also, we both worship “The Hamburger”.
JC Little The Animated Woman – Love her drawings and she just published her first book, The LAST Snowman. Yayyy her!!!
Kim from Day with KT – She’s a rock’n 40-something who I can always count on for inspiration when I don’t feel like going to the gym.
Michelle from Rubber Shoes in Hell – Because I too have been “Sticking my fingers in my ears and going LALALALA since 1972.” We’re quasi-related that way.
Meredith from Bad Sandy – She cracks me up.
Courtney Wilson from Once Upon a Bookshelf – Love her choice in books; love her blog.
Michelle Nahom from A Dish of Daily Life – Love reading her blog.
Sharon Greenthal, Editor-in-Chief of Midlife Boulevard – Love the site. Plus she lets me write for her sometimes.
Other bloggers whom I would totally honour with the Sunshine Award if someone else hadn’t beat me to it:
PS. Also, I think I have a girl crush on these ladies.
Kyla Cornish from Mommy is Weird
Jennifer VanOosten from You Pinspire Me
Julie Nowell from Three Chickens and a Boat
And of course, Anne Radcliffe from Food Retro
And now for my 11 questions:
1. If the Internet suddenly disappeared and you couldn’t blog anymore, what would you choose as a “release” for your writing and creativity?
2. What’s a perfect Saturday morning to you?
3. Where do you see yourself and your blog in three years from now?
4. Is your family supportive of your blogging?
5. What’s your fave quick, easy and delicious dinner recipe? (Asking for a “friend”.)
6. Where is your fave place to write?
7.a. If you had to start your blog all over again, what changes would you make?
7.b. What would you keep?
8. Vacation . . . with or without kids?
9. What’s your best advice for overcoming writer’s block?
PS. Yes, I bent the rules a little. If you know me in real life, you know that I can’t help it. It’s in my nature.
Okay, my little rays of Sunshine. Your turn!
Thank you so much for including me!! I will probably do mine this weekend but I suck at listing people to participate!
I’m with you on #2 – I would love to sleep on demand or even just sleep for more than 2 hours at a time!!
And – #4 – yes, please!!! I will share that drink with you especially since it’s called “summer get your ass here!”
Mona Andrei says
My pleasure, sista 🙂
The Animated Woman says
Congratulations on your Sunshine Award Mona. I’m happy you thought of me. I lie awake at 4 AM knowing that you’re there with your hamster and it comforts me in my insomnia. Like a ray of sunshine. There you go.
I will try to do a response post sometime…maybe next summer? I want some “Summer Get Your Ass Over Here” and I want it now.
Mona Andrei says
Cool! And no rush 🙂 PS. Cheers!!!
Awww…I am honored! I’ve kind of been on a blogging break. I am just starting back and have that “I am so far behind” feeling! I am definitely getting more sleep this year. I have been doing that 2 am thing for years. I can’t do it anymore. Kids, dogs, cats, husband, everyone wakes me up too early. How hard do you think it will be to convert from a night owl to an early bird?
Mona Andrei says
I think it’s a slow transition since you’re changing your internal clock. Be kind to yourself, Michelle! Hugs 🙂