Well hello there, awesome readers!
As I write this, I am multi-tasking. Yes, my fingers are flapping across the keyboard, trying to keep up with my thoughts. But more importantly, I’m sitting here hoping that this blog post finds you well; that you are safe and healthy and not feeling too frustrated from all this COVID nonsense, which isn’t really nonsense at all. It is SERIOUS. I’m also hoping that you’re wearing your mask. You ARE wearing your mask, right? I don’t mean in this moment but when you go out. Unless if you ARE out. Then I totally mean in this moment.
Sadly, in many parts of the world (including mine), the holiday season is cancelled. There will be no family get-togethers. No holiday clinking of glasses filled with our fave cheer. This is both unfortunate and for good reason. We need to stay safely huddled in our homes until this pandemic is under control for good.
That said, I thought a positive spin is due on what we’ve all been living through. (That wasn’t supposed to sound like Dr. Seuss.)
And before I get to the less serious side of COVID, I want to share with you a funny thing that happened recently. I was at a store where I frequently shop and since I can’t talk to bartenders anymore, I’ve gotten to know the lady that works behind the counter of this store. Her name is Lisa and she’s a little thing with a big personality and kind heart. As I was paying for my items she said, “I don’t know what to say. Christmas is cancelled this year so I guess I’ll just wish you a happy nothing.”
What I love most about this happy nothing is that it is non-denominational. It’s inclusive no matter who you are and what you believe in.
I’m sharing this now so that you’ll know what I’m talking about when I wish you a Happy Nothing at the end of this post. Am I rambling? If I am it’s because I – like you – am spending too much time with myself.
Okay. Onto our list. Here’s what 2020 has taught us thanks to COVID:
- That we can actually enjoy our own company – even if we don’t usually get along with ourselves.
- That toilet paper is not to be taken for granted.
- That we should hoard a shitload of toilet paper in all closets of our homes at all times. (See what I did there?)
- That everyone secretly hoards toilet paper even if they pretend that they don’t.
- That toilet paper deserves to be included three times on any list; four if you went back and counted how many times I’ve included it on this list.
- That ordering from Amazon and then standing at the living room window watching for our deliveries to arrive is a great way to spend the day. Ish.
- That Zoom meetings are the new conference room, coffee shop, and bar.
- That we may never want to go back to wearing pants.
- That masks make everyone look like a serial killer.
- That wine o’clock is the new global time zone.
Oh! And one more thing! I was interviewed on the Brian Crombie show recently and even though I was slightly nervous and wasn’t having a good hair day, I think it turned out okay.
You can check it out by clicking here.
Meanwhile, Happy Nothing!
Subscribe to this blog and get notified when new posts are up. How do you subscribe? Just enter your email address in the subscription box on the right.
Or you can follow this blog with Bloglovin.
Christina Dutkiewicz says
Toilet paper sure has run our lives. My neighbor even stole some from the firehouse for us. Oh the guilt. Spending time with myself is joyful- 24/7 with the 17 year old and husband not so much. And we have resulted to could we guess how many delivery trucks zip by a day. I think last week there was 92!
So would say we align.
Bravo love it
Mona Andrei says
92! Holy window gazing, Batman! That’s A LOT!